Salam Alaikum! How are you all? I’m back with some Scarves for Sisters news! We are going to be doing campaign #2! The first campaign was a big success. There was some bumps and problems we ran into, but overall, we achieved what we wanted.
So what is Scarves for Sisters?
Ramadan is the month where millions of Muslims across the globe engage in month long fasting, as a requirement for our faith. We are to remove ourselves from the evils and sins of this world and focus on our deen. This includes charity.
In this spirit of compassion and obedience, this Ramadan, we will be organizing our SECOND hijab donation event to our Muslim sisters in need.Many Muslim women in our own neighborhoods and communities decide to wear the hijab, yet find it extremely hard to do so, because of external circumstances. Many of these women are converts who have no family support and are unable to locate hijabs and other Islamic attire. Many of these women are not in the financial situation to buy enough quality scarves to sustain them. Many of these women live in remote areas where there are no Islamic stores available.
Subhanallah as Muslims we need to encourage those who choose to wear the hijab and strengthen the bond of our ummah through love.We saw the need, and now thanks to your help we will be giving everyone the opportunity to be matched up with a sister who has requested a scarf/undercap/etc.
Last year we organized for Eid Al Adha. This year, we will be launching our campaign in the month of June to prepare to give the items in need in time for Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr Inshallah.
So how can you be a part of this?
If you feel like this is talking about you, if you look in your wardrobe and notice a lack of modest clothes. If there are no stores around you with any scarves available. If you are not in the financial situation to afford prayer clothes. If you need help:
- contact me at email@example.com. PLEASE do not message me over tumblr, as it is not reliable. In addition, if you have my phone/facebook, feel free to contact me there.
- Send me a message with your name, address, phone number, and a description of what you need. Ex: Hijab pins, underscarves.
IF YOU WANT TO HELP:
- Email me/facebook/text at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give me your name, phone number and what you have that you would like to donate. Ex: I have an abaya, size 56
Problems we ran into from last year:
- Not enough money. We didn’t have anyone who offered to donate abayas, therefore we had to fundraise to buy some. This wasn’t very easy.
- People offering to help, then not delivering. If you don’t think your parents will allow you to donate some hijabs, PLEASE ask before confirming with me. Unfortunately we had some instances of people bailing out after I matched them up with a sister in need.
- Confusion over shipping. In the past, how we did it was we matched up a donator and a sister in need. That donator would then ship DIRECTLY to the sister in need. As you can imagine, problems ensued. We can either make sure to tie up loose ends this time, or everyone can ship things to me, and then I will ship them to the sister.
Inshallah we will not have these problems this time.
I’m really excited to launch S4S2, and I hope it can be a greater success than it was last year inshallah!! What does that mean now? What’s the next step?
Please email me at email@example.com if you are in need of something, or you would like to donate! Once we get the information, we can get the ball moving!!!
Let’s get the word out as well, please reblog this so we can reach more people!!
Don’t forget to ‘like’ our facebook page for updates and details!
Here is what we are looking for to be donated:
- Hijabs, Pins, Undercaps, Abayas, Prayer Clothes, Niqabs, etc
- Paypal donations to cover shipping costs and unforeseen costs (email me if interested)