Skin Care Tip of the Month | February
Lemon Skincare Treatment
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu
I hope this post reaches those who are reading it in good health. As someone who has been struggling with the horrors of acne since the age of thirteen and even now at the age of twenty-one, I was absolutely tired of spending so much money on face-washes, treatments and skincare products.
Over a year ago, I was so frustrated and relenting my anger to my mother to look for some sort of guidance on how to get rid of my stubborn acne. My mom was so tired of hearing me complain so she revealed this home remedy which involves taking a fresh lemon, cutting it in half and dab the juice on the acne itself. Thus, I created a treatment for myself that I thought would be helpful to others!
Use 1-2 times a day. Morning or Night.
- Half a lemon
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 spoon of honey
- Mix the sugar and honey into a bowl.
- Squeeze out a spoonful of lemon juice into the bowl.
- Mix well but do not let sugar dissolve.
- Take some of the scrub on to your fingers.
- Put it on to your face and thoroughly scrub all over your face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Pat dry.
Lemon Acne Overnight Treatment:
This can be used after scrub or just cleaning your face, preferably used overnight.
- Half of a fresh lemon (no imitations or lemon juice)
- Cotton swab
- Squeeze out lemon juice into a bowl.
- Dip the cotton swab into the lemon juice.
- Dab the cotton swab onto acne or all over your face.
- Leave it on overnight or for 1 hour.
- Wash it off.
I’ve been using this technique for over a year now, I didn’t want to post it as soon as I learned because I wanted to test it out. Let me tell you, it’s amazing! It might sting the first few times one uses the lemon juice on the face but you can dilute it with a little water. My mother made me use this because I’ve gotten some severe acne on the side of my face and I’ve tried EVERY single cream out there for the past 2 years months. My acne has gotten a lot better since I’ve used it.
Since it’s an acid, it treats the bacteria on your face and shrinks your pores. It’s faded out a lot of my acne scars from previous pimples.
You can also drink the lemon juice to help detox your body.
*This is probably better in the winter time so your skin doesn’t dry out!
Recipe for cleansing acne:
Lemon Juice Remedy Variation #1:
- Squeeze 1 lemon into glass or bottle.
- Add 2 cups of water (8oz each).
- Drink the juice throughout the day.
Lemon Juice Remedy Variation #2:
- Squeeze 1 lemon 1 cup (8oz) of warm filtered or boiled water.
- Drink it first thing in the morning.
- Don’t drink or eat for half an hour after to allow the juice to cleanse your body.
Do not use this remedy if you have allergies, ulcers, or arthritis.
This remedy’s benefits include:
- eliminating acid waste because it contains minerals
(potassium, Vitamin C)
- alleviating constipation
- cleansing the liver with citric acid and building up
enzymes to eliminate blood toxins,
- aiding in digestion
- removing kidney and pancreatic stones, and
- removing calcium deposits in the body.
If you have any questions, message us or even Google your question, there’s tons online about Lemon Acne treatments! And remember to moisturize!
- Ainee of the Real Life of Real Muslim Girls Team